Thursday, May 28, 2009

Beginning

For me, creativity is a way of life. It’s expressed in how I decorate my home, write, create jewelry, cook, and dream. I take it into the world of business, into counseling, and into learning about myself and others.

Tapping into the creative mind means entering a world of symbol and metaphor. The logic of the creative mind isn’t linear. Think about dreams – where an image may be more than what it appears to be, it is also what it means. While, as Freud said "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" we know it also may represent much more.

In these web pages, I’ll be exploring some of the many facets of creativity. I hope you enjoy them.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your comments. I no longer belong to the NWPCG due to time/travel (auburn area). I am a clinical microbiologist by trade but have always loved crafts & sewing. I have found the biggest challenge is following thru on my visualizations. I can see it in my head but then I belabor the technical steps..and start petering out midway. I too fight the logo rat vs the freeform side ( ?left vs right brain). Once I hit menopause, I also noticed a big problem with attention span esp if things get to technical/boring/repetitive....
    Thanks again Candy CB

    ReplyDelete